As human beings, we will experience conflict in our day-to-day life, whether it is with our family, friends, or in our professional life at work. In the workplace, conflict could for example occur, when expectations are unclear or have not been met. This could lead to frustration, stress, sadness, a lack of motivation as well as anger.
Here are 10 tips to help you resolve conflict in the workplace:
1. Do not confront the person, while you are angry.
2. Walk away and calm down.
3. Investigate the company policy and procedure, for handling conflict or grievances in the workplace.
4. Find a private place to talk.
5. Gain clarity on the actual source of conflict.
6. Listen actively and allow everyone an opportunity to have their say.
7. Explore ways to meet common ground.
8. Discuss and decide on what can be improved to prevent a reoccurrence. Agree on the best solution(s).
9. Determine the responsibilities each party has in the resolution.
10. Implement these agreed solutions.
All the best!